Monday, December 26, 2011

What should I wear?

Christmas was awesome this year and I got some gifts to go along with running. I got a couple of new shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts from my Parents, Cousin, and my lovely wife. So, the question is what should i wear when I run the Marathon and I would like your input. I know this is a little on the silly side but I am really being honest because I want to look sharp as far as outfit goes when I run. All athletes love to wear a nice standout uniform when they compete and of course they know they will get it all sweaty and nasty as they compete and I have the same expectation. With all that being said here are all the options as far as the outfit goes. First, I got green, black and blue shorts and red (Haunted Half Shirt which is pretty sweet), yellow, blue (with some yellow), white, and black shirt. I am trying to figure out which combinations will be the best. Weather will play a big role in narrowing things down. My traditional outfit that I wore in my first two half marathons were the blue shorts and the yellow top. However, I am really feeling the need to change it up a little. I will probably be leaning towards a light long sleeve shirt and shorts since it will warm up as the sun comes up. One year it did flurry at the start, so I really need to be prepared.
The Combinations!

1. red shirt along with my black shorts. I call this outfit "The Dark Flame" since its red (flame) and    black (dark). I know thats a little cheesy but oh well.

2. white shirt along with black shorts. This outfit is called the "Killer Penguin" because of the black and white.

3. white shirt with blue shorts and it is called "White Water". I figured since water is blue and the shirt is white that "White Water" was a good name.

4. white shirt with the green shorts and this one is called "Celtic Furry" with its touch of green.

5. black shirt along with green shorts and I call this one "St. Patrick's Night" with its touch of black.

6. blue t-shirt along with the black shorts and it is called "The Black Sea". This one may not work because it may be to cool for short sleeves.

7. white top and blue shorts and its called "Ice".

8. "The Killer Bee" and that is my yellow/green shirt and black shorts. It has an alternative name called "Lime Light". It may not work either since it is short sleeves.

9.  red shirt along with my green shorts and this is called "Christmas" since I love christmas I figured it would be appropriate.

I will decide what to wear when I go to Florida but your influence and suggestions could really help me make a decision. So, if you have a suggestion of which cheesy name I should pick please leave a comment so I can see it. Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. celtic furry! celtic furry! that way it will be warm since it's furry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear a colored top so that your family can see you as you pass by. Black and white shirts get lost in the crowd really easily especially in a big crowd like the one at Disney . You'll want your family to be able to spot you so they can cheer for you!

    ReplyDelete