Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Future of Seeking Adventure

The journey is over and the task has been completed. However, a question still remains, what next? I thought about this for a very long period of time and analyzed the many options that I could consider. The first option was to pull a "One and Done". This was only a small thought at first, but then I came to a realization after my first half marathon. The realization was that I loved running and it was a lot more than just accomplishing something great, it was a new and healthy lifestyle. Due to the commitments I had to make to run and stay healthy, I was not just going to pull a "One and Done".

The second option was to continue running at the half marathon level. For awhile due to all the comments I heard of how hard marathons were, I was pretty fixed in on running the one to say I did it and go back to just running at a smaller level. However, after the Disney Marathon I have decided that I am not done. The Marathon was one of the most enjoying things I have ever done and believe it or not, I had a blast running the long distance. So I will seek in the future to run more until its no longer possible.

I would love to run the Walt Disney World Marathon again. Just because the energy and effort that Disney puts into the race is just plain phenomenal. You also can't beat the fact that the race is held in Walt Disney World. I also have set my eyes on the possibility of pursuing the Goofy Challenge. The Goofy Challenge is a part of the Walt Disney World Marathon that consist of running both the half Marathon and the full on back to back days. Yea its pretty crazy and "Goofy". Its just a thought I may want to pursue someday.

For the nearer future I am setting my eyes on the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. The race is held in October and always has remarkable reviews from those who participate in it. The best part is you get to run through all the Monuments and things that make D.C. a neat place. You also are supporting people who defend our freedom everyday. My eyes are possibly set on running it this year but more realistically in 2013.

Some other Marathons I have put on my possibilities list is the Chicago Marathon and the New York City Marathon (This one is a long shot because it is so hard to get in). The fact that the New York is on national television is also appealing. These are just some thoughts put on a possibilities list. My biggest goals now are to run the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. and return to run the Walt Disney World Marathon again.

For the immediate future I am planning to get back in the Half Marathon swing and running the Knoxville Half Marathon in April. This is a local race so it won't be hard. There will also be no traveling involved, which will make it much easier.

Finally, Seek Adventure Running will also continue to operate. The goal is for people who are running races in the future to join and get support as they begin there journey. If you are interested or running  a race in the future please send race information to jd17scott@gmail.com, or if you have run a Marathon or a Half Marathon, you can also send the information to me and I will post it. The goal is to support as many runners as possible.

Now go out there and take the challenge and SEEK ADVENTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment