Saturday, January 7, 2012

Its Time

The time is here its exactly 12 hours before the start of the race. I have been down in Lake Placid Florida just resting and fueling up. I went to the expo this morning at the Wide World of Sports Complex in Disney. I got my Bib, Goody Bag, and my Shirt. The shirt is so cool, it is red with Mickey Mouse on it. It also has the symbol for the four parks since the race goes through all four Disney Theme Parks. The structure is actually very cool because all of the events have a different Disney Character as a symbol for the race. Mickey is the symbol for the Marathon, Goofy for the Goofy Challenge (Obviously) which is the runners running both the half and full Marathons (These people are hardcore). Donald Duck is the Half Marathons symbol and Chip and Dale are for the Marathon Relay (this is the first year they are doing the 2 man relay).

My goal is to run the race in 5 hours. They will have 8 different groups going off about 5 minutes apart. I will be going off with group D which goes off at 5:47 A.M. The start and finish will be in Epcot. Due to the fact that the weather will be warmer than I thought I will be wearing short sleeves. I will be wearing a blue shirt with Green/yellow stripes along with black shorts. The outfits name is "Epic" since it will be the outfit during the Marathon (Thanks to all you who voted).

1 comment: